Hi there Mr. Blog and friends,
I'm walking the walk , finally, its really happening son. I'm gonna be dawning a gown for the first time in my life. I'm excited, and its kicking in slowly but surely. I mean so what if undergrad wasn't the success I had hoped for but nevertheless I kind of persisted and grinded through it. Like I had a choice, lol. In high school , we never had graduation ceremonies like the grand ones they got here in the country. Ours was pretty nice too, but it was more amongst ourselves kind of deal where the juniors would be responsible for setting a nice program where each senior would be honored with a cloth and a memoribilia. Cindy is responsible for losing my memoribila . I am so ashamed of myself for losing it. It was one piece of precious material which connected me to the school. There's not many ties left anymore besides the pictures which I have.
But anyway, I'm sorry, I stray away from the topic so much and so often. Its a bad habit of mine.
Yeah , it was pretty cool to go up on stage and give a speech. And the food at the end was simply a palate changing experience. I can still taste the tastiness of that meal, it was all bought from God knows where, coz the juniors would'nt tell us. And at the end of the night, it would be one drunken night on root beer :) Kidding, we used to sneak up to local bars on top of other hills and drink away for 2-3 rupees a fuckn mug :) Life was cheap and good.
I'm so relaxed right now, I had a good day of nothing to do kinda day. Played some cricket and I absolutely cannot wait to feel the pain in my bones and tissues tomorrow morning. Oh boy! Anyways, I'm totally psyched and nervous about my mum coming tomorrow . What is she going to think of everything that I have been surrounded for the past 5 years? Friends, environment, lifestyle... I am worried, but at the same time, I feel nice. Next few days are going to be pretty ridicilous. Pretty much, I'm gonna be on my feet like always till the time I go to bed. :) That's the way I like it. Congrats to my fellow graduate friends- Shyam and Nafisa. Cheerios fellows..im off to play some satellite poker .
Listening to some singles of Grateful Dead. I'm not a dead head.
3 comments:
I am so so proud of you that you will be walking the walk. You are graduating with a Bachelors of Science degree and you worked very very hard for it. Don't worry about your mom, she will love your house, friends and the environment you have surrounded yourself with. Did you buy your cap and gown yet?
hope you have a fun trip and hope you got to nyc safe. i miss u *tear*
baba ganouj,
i miss youuuuuuuuu! come back sooon!!! how is mehico? i bet ur having a great time. i had the fish sandwich at mickey dees today with mommy and thought of you :) we talk about u all the time and how amazing a person you are. asho taratari...amra chill korbo. ami ma'r shate friday te ny jabo. and then im coming back to buff on monday inshaallah. okay take care and dont drink the raw water there, i hear u could get food poisoning. okay boo, take care :)
Post a Comment